INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT INVESTIGATES 400 CASES AND SEIZED RS.2000 CRORES – More cases are in the offing !!!
ECOPACKINDIA 1 2 Minutes
- 000 crore of Undisclosed Income admitted by the taxpayers; IT Department refers large number of cases with serious irregularities detected Post De-monetization to Enforcement Directorate (ED) & CB
- 2016. More than Rs. 130 Crore in cash and jewellery has been seized and approximately Rs.2000 Crore of undisclosed income has been admitted by the taxpayers. Detecting serious irregularities beyond th
- 2016; More than Rs. 130 crore in cash and jewellery seized and approximately Rs. 2
- and are being sent to the CBI. The Bengaluru Investigation Unit of the Income Tax Department has sent maximum references (18) to ED. These are cases where undisclosed cash in new high denomination not
- ED & CBI in detecting the malpractices and taking swift action is going to continue in the coming days.
- enabling them to examine the criminal conduct for immediate necessary action. More than 30 such references have already been made to the ED
- including 10 lakhs in new currency notes from an un-allotted locker of urban cooperative bank
- Income Tax (IT) Department carries-out swift investigations in more than 400 cases since the de-monetization of old High Denomination (OHD) currency on 8th November
- Kashmiri Gate in which complicity of officers of the bank in the malpractices was detected. The concerted and coordinated enforcement action of the Income Tax Department
- shared a case involving seizure of Rs. 95 lakhs cash from 5 persons travelling in a Tata Indica. Pune’s reference stems from a seizure of Rs. 20 lakhs cash
- the CBDT decided to refer such cases to the ED and the CBI
- the key of which was in the possession of the CEO of the bank. Two cases referred by the Bhopal unit are of jewelers against whom evidence of large scale pre-dating of bills and flouting of PAN report
- where seizures of USD 14000 and Rs. 72 lakh in cash were made. Hyderabad